Strathcona County has a rich history in agriculture and farming. This region is globally recognized for having innovative agribusinesses that continually innovate and adopt new technologies. The area is also known for its superior soil quality, connectivity, existing infrastructure and highquality of life.
Read and download this profile (853.0 KB) for quick statistics and infographics to help you make better investment decisions.
- Centrally located and accessible
- Canada's fifth largest metro area
- Connected infrastructure and transportation networks
- Benefits of doing business here
Food, beverage and meat processing
- grain and oilseed milling
- meat products
- snack foods
Crop and animal production
- genetics and genomics
- animal nutrition
- agriculture technology and innovation
- precision agriculture
- waste to energy processing
Innovative, educated and diverse in growth
Leading research and development companies and educational institutions are located throughout the region - supporting investment and growth.
Watch a series of videos on local business success and the benefits of investing here.
For investment, contact:
Economic Development and Tourism
2001 Sherwood Drive
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada