Senior Off-Peak Pass Program
The senior off-peak bus pass is available free of charge to qualifying seniors, and is for use on local transit service during off-peak hours.
To qualify for this free bus pass, you must meet the following requirements:
- 65 years of age, or older
- Household income of less than $50,000/year
- Resident of Strathcona County
After qualifying, you will be provided with a package of monthly bus passes. We recommend you store passes for future months in a secure place.
Family and Community Services
Second floor, Community Centre,
501 Festival Avenue, Sherwood Park
It is recommended that you call to make an appointment.
Remember to bring identification (showing birth date and residency) and proof of income for all members of the household (i.e. most recent income Notice of Assessment).
Rules of use
- These passes are non-transferable and are to be used only by the qualifying senior.
- The pass is valid: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and after 6 p.m., Weekends and holidays anytime. Outside of the above times you must pay regular cash fare, or present other fare medium.
- Passes are valid for travel within Sherwood Park only, on regular transit and Dial-A-Bus routes.
- Passes are not valid on SCAT. For more information on SCAT, Strathcona County Accessible Transit, call 780-449-9680
- If you misplace a pass, please call FCS, 780-464-4044 for assistance.
Last updated: Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Page ID: 3560