Are you new to Canada and Strathcona County? Do you want to connect with other newcomers and learn how to access supports and resources in your new community? Need information on subsidies to support your transition to our community? You are in the right place.
Strathcona County stands united with Ukraine. Find out about Ukrainian supports here.
If you have any questions about supports for newcomers, call Family and Community Services at 780-464-4044.
See below for new events and opportunities.
- Website translator
- Strathcona County Library resources: receive help from a settlement contact for information on how to find a place to live, obtain official documents (eg: Alberta Health Card, Social Insurance Number), set up bank accounts, learning english, and more.
- Family and Community Services Program Guide
- COVID-19 financial support for newcomers From the Government of Canada
- Emergency funds From the Multicultural Family Resource Society (MFRS)
- COVID-19 information (available in multiple languages) | AHS
- Vaccine and health information (available in multiple languages)
- Healthcare information in Canada | Arrive
- Newcomer’s guide to Edmonton (available in multiple languages) | Edmonton.ca
- Parenting groups | MFRS