Members of the public are welcome to attend open sessions of Council and Priorities Committee meetings. You can also register to speak at a Public Hearing or Open House or request an opportunity to make a public presentation at Priorities Committee meeting.
On this page
Watch Council meetings
You can watch open session meetings live via webcast or in person. Meetings are usually held on Tuesdays.
- Open sessions of Council meetings usually start at 2 p.m.
- Open sessions of Priorities Committee meetings usually start at 9 a.m.
- See upcoming meetings
The live stream will activate a few minutes before a meeting starts.
Meeting locationCouncil Chamber
Main floor, Community Centre
2001 Sherwood Drive
Agendas, minutes and past meetings
See scheduled meetings and agendas, access past meeting recordings and minutes.
About Council and Priorities Committee meetings
Council meetings are regular meetings where Council votes and makes decisions on County matters.
Priorities Committee meetings include all members of Council. These meetings allow for more discussion on reports and updates and include public presentations and Open House sessions.
Priorities Committee has limited decision-making authority, so instead makes recommendations to Council. It can also refer items to Administration or another committee for further work.
Speaking to Council
There are three different ways you can speak to Council. You must register to speak at any of these sessions. Specific details are on each information page.
- Public hearings let members of the public speak to Council on planning and development matters, as well as other matters decided by Council.
- Public presentations are official topics to be discussed in a Priorities Committee meeting. Individuals, groups, organizations or external agencies can present in these meetings.
- Open house sessions let members of the public make shorter (five minute) presentations to the Priorities Committee. Committee members can ask questions, but this is not a forum for larger discussions.
For more information:
Legislative and Legal Services