County lands are protected for many different reasons including:
- facilities within easements (above and below ground)
- protection and conservation of natural ecosystems
Our goal is to provide opportunities to our residents that ensure safe, enjoyable and reasonable use of County lands benefitting both present and future generations.
The policies outlined below provide guidelines regarding encroachments of property improvements onto County utility and road rights-of-way as well as storm water management facility easements.
Strathcona County has adopted these policies in an effort to prevent new encroachments and provide information on how the County manages existing encroachments.
- Unauthorized Use of County Property Bylaw 8-2007 (318.7 KB) - unauthorized use of County land
- Stormwater Management Facility Easement Policy (457.1 KB) - use of land around storm ponds
- Encroachment onto lands which the County holds an interest (29.0 KB) - policy on dealing with encroachments
Strathcona County allows the licensing of some municipal lands for the purpose of pasturing animals and cutting hay. Find out more about our municipal land licensing program.
Manager, Land Management Services